ADK Microphones products:
Note on Billing: No VAT (EU sale tax) is due for customers located outside of the EU, or with a valid EU VAT N°.
- Manufacturer's website: Click here
- Overview: Designed By Musicians and Recording Engineers… For Musicians and Recording Engineers. It took three microphone experts including a PhD in Physics, a design genius in Belgium, 10 Grammy Winning Engineers and a 40 year-old microphone collection to create these microphones. Keeping this in mind the microphones were designed to enable you to tailor the microphone to the situation and obtain new textures, with rarely the need for outboard processors or even equalization. This alone will save you hours of chasing your tail when mixing as your sounds will sit well in the mix to begin with...
Paypal users can view their current Paypal cart here:
Shipping & Handling: Please add shipping costs to your cart for your current order:
We don't carry ADK products anymore as a standard line but have a few units left in stock:
- NOTE: Only ONE shipping option is required per order, regardless of size/contents. Please always provide a telephone number when ordering. Prices below are Exc. VAT.
- Free shipping in Europe.
- USA/Canada/Switzerland: 23€ per order.
- Rest of the World 40€.
Studio and stage condenser microphones:
Note: all ADK models shown below come in a velvet lined black gloss wood case:
- Hamburg / Vienna Mk8 (with "S" shockmount):
The ADK Vienna Mk8 is the upgraded version of the popular ADK Vienna Edition with a more fine-tuned response-curve designed to replicate a vintage late 1960’s Austrian tube (Valve) Mic. The Vienna Mk 8 offers a bright, but not thin, tone. The Hamburg Mk8 is the upgraded version of the popular Hamburg Edition with a more fine-tuned response-curve designed to replicate a vintage late 1950’s German Tube (Valve) Mic. The Hamburg Mk 8 offers a mellow, robust Tone with presence but no harshness. Both models aren't direct clones of any past microphones but rather offer similar tone from a more modern platform, borrowing from what made Vintage mics desirable over time.
Our opinion: These deliberately coloured mics can be used when their sonic qualities are required to capture the source with either a relatively natural but smooth tone (Hamburg) or a more present, brighter tone (Vienna) without totaly changing the original sound. A good modern and affordable alternative to some of the Vintage classics. Surprisingly good performance and tone at this price.
- Single pattern (Cardioid) FET condenser microphones.
- Developped from the original ADK Hamburg and Vienna models models from 2003.
- The Hamburg is very useful for sources needing a rounder tone, it has a natural "smoothness”; historically the classic German tone.
- The Vienna has a distinctive “Sheen” that is flattering on many music styles; historically the vintage Austrian tone.
- Classic Grille design.
- Proprietary large diaphragm capsule.
- Fixed Cardioid polar pattern.
- Moderate-high SPL handling (126dB Max SPL without pad).
- Class A FET / Bipolar electronics.
- Transformer output.
- 14dB Pad.
- High-Pass Filter.
- Quality alloys used for all metal body parts.
- Delivered in a wooden box.
- Comes with a swivel mount.
- Shockmount is also included!
- Polar pattern: Cardioid only.
- Sensitivity: 15mv/Pa +/- 2dBs.
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms nominal.
- S/N Ratio: 81dB (A-weighted IEC 268-4).
- Equivalent noise level: 13dB (A-Weighted IEC 268-4).
- Max SPL @ 0.5%THD: 126dB / 140dB (with pad).
- Low cut filter (HPF): Flat/ 89Hz .
- Power requirements: Phantom Power 48V ±4V.
- Ask us for pair matching.
Vienna Mk8 frequency response (typical, averaged / smoothed):
Hamburg Mk8 frequency response (typical, averaged / smoothed):
- ADK VIENNA MK8 + "S" shockmount: 250€ Exc. VAT / 302,50€ Inc. VAT. IN STOCK.
- ADK HAMBURG MK8 + "S" shockmount: 250€ Exc. VAT / 302,50€ Inc. VAT. IN STOCK.
To purchase, Email us for bank transfer payment or use the Paypal cart.
Do you have a valid EU VAT N°? Email us first.